ARM/ARM-SoC plans for v3.4 merge window

Nicolas Ferre nicolas.ferre at atmel.com
Mon Jan 30 05:08:19 EST 2012

On 01/29/2012 12:57 AM, Olof Johansson :
> Hi,
>

> On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 1:23 PM, Russell King - ARM Linux
> <linux at arm.linux.org.uk> wrote:
>

>> And we're now there.  So...
>>
>> Arnd, Olaf,
>>
>> Please incorporate the latest ARM (for-armsoc branch) changes, which can be found at:
>>
>>        git://ftp.arm.linux.org.uk/pub/linux/arm/kernel/git-cur/linux-arm.git for-armsoc
>>
>> with SHA1 dcf81c1af839b77b44404453ecae6e5ac5a75f05.
>
> Thanks. I have added this as depends/rmk/for-armsoc in the arm-soc repo.
>
> Any next/ branch we start will have this as the base of said branch,
> so any vendor branches must either already be developed against this
> stable branch, or merge on top of this with minimal conflicts.

Ok, great.

I just let you know that there is a conflict between the current Linus'
tree (with recently updated at91 fixes) and this rmk/for-armsoc branch.

I can give you the resolution of this conflict easily but I would like
to know which way I execute the merge:

I use this rmk/for-armsoc as a baseline and merge the fixes already in
Linus' tree on top of it or the other way around?

Maybe it is preferable that I wait for 3.3-rc2 and merge rmk/for-armsoc
on top of it. This result can be the base of our AT91 work for 3.4
preparation.

Your thought?

Best regards,
--