oprofile and ARM A9 hardware counter

Will Deacon will.deacon at arm.com
Fri Jan 27 07:13:11 EST 2012

Hi guys,

On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 09:16:57AM +0000, stephane eranian wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 4:25 AM, Ming Lei <ming.lei at canonical.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 9:47 PM, stephane eranian
> > <eranian at googlemail.com> wrote:
> >> Started afresh from:
> >>
> >> 90a4c0f uml: fix compile for x86-64
> >>
> >> And added 3, 4, 5, 6:
> >> 603c316 arm: omap4: pmu: support runtime pm
> >> 4899fbd arm: omap4: support pmu
> >> d737bb1 arm: omap4: create pmu device via hwmod
> >> 4e0259e arm: omap4: hwmod: introduce emu hwmod
> >>
> >> Still no interrupts firing. I am using your .config file.
> >>
> >> My HW:
> >> CPU implementer : 0x41
> >> CPU architecture: 7
> >> CPU variant     : 0x1
> >> CPU part        : 0xc09
> >> CPU revision    : 2
> >>
> >> Hardware        : OMAP4 Panda board
> >> Revision        : 0020
> >>
> >> There must be something I am missing here.

Did this lead anywhere in the end? It seems as though Ming Lei has a working
setup but Stephane is unable to replicate it, despite applying the necessary
patches and trying an updated bootloader.

Drastic suggestion: Stephane, could you try a kernel *binary* from Ming Lei?
If that works then you're probably just missing a patch. If it doesn't, then
there must be something different between your boards.

Will