ARM/ARM-SoC plans for v3.4 merge window

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Tue Jan 24 06:27:45 EST 2012

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 10:56:45AM +0000, Will Deacon wrote:
> Hi Russell,
>
> On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 09:50:09AM +0000, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> > Right, although it's out there - but I'd like to get the AMBA changes
> > into it which are already conflicting the Samsung development.  So I'm
> > going to hold off officially asking for people to include the baseline
> > until this evening.  At that point, I will shut down my 'amba' branch
> > and transfer that over; that means I won't be accepting any further
> > acks etc for that work.
> >
> > If you haven't acked changes in the amba branch (eg, to Versatile,
> > Realview etc) then it'll soon be too late...
>
> I took a look at your amba branch, but all I can see in there is:
>
> 6cfa627 ARM: 7079/1: spi: Fix builderror in spi-pl022.c
> 1c3be36 PM: add runtime PM support to MMCI
> 92b97f0 PM: add runtime PM support to core Primecell driver
>
> which don't seem to touch Versatile or Realview. Am I looking in the wrong
> place?

Erm, I don't think you're looking at the right branch - especially as
all the commits start "ARM: amba:".  They were sent out to the mailing
list on 20th Jan as a set of 31 patches (latest first):

ARM: amba: samsung: use common amba device initializers
ARM: amba: spear: use common amba device initializers
ARM: amba: nomadik: use common amba device initializers
ARM: amba: u300: use common amba device initializers
ARM: amba: lpc32xx: use common amba device initializers
ARM: amba: netx: use common amba device initializers
ARM: amba: bcmring: use common amba device initializers
ARM: amba: ep93xx: use common amba device initializers
ARM: amba: omap2: use common amba device initializers
ARM: amba: integrator: use common amba device initializers
ARM: amba: realview: get rid of private platform amba_device initializer
ARM: amba: versatile: get rid of private platform amba_device initializer
ARM: amba: vexpress: get rid of private platform amba_device initializer
ARM: amba: provide common initializers for static amba devices
ARM: amba: make use of -1 IRQs warn
ARM: amba: u300: get rid of NO_IRQ initializers
ARM: amba: spear: get rid of NO_IRQ initializers
ARM: amba: netx: get rid of NO_IRQ initializers
ARM: amba: nomadik: get rid of NO_IRQ initializers
ARM: amba: mxs: get rid of NO_IRQ initializers
ARM: amba: lpc32xx: get rid of NO_IRQ initializers
ARM: amba: integrator/realview/versatile/vexpress: get rid of NO_IRQ initializers
ARM: amba: samsung: get rid of NO_IRQ initializers
ARM: amba: get rid of NO_IRQ initializers
ARM: amba: ux500: get rid of NO_IRQ
ARM: amba: make irq 0 invalid
ARM: amba: mxs: convert to use amba_device_alloc
ARM: amba: integrator: convert to use amba_device_alloc
ARM: amba: ux500: convert to use amba_device_alloc
ARM: amba: of: convert to use amba_device_alloc
ARM: amba: add amba_device allocation/add/put functions