Pinmux bindings proposal

Stephen Warren swarren at nvidia.com
Tue Jan 17 14:32:37 EST 2012

Shawn Guo wrote at Tuesday, January 17, 2012 7:13 AM:
> On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 09:46:42AM +0000, Dong Aisheng-B29396 wrote:
> > I guess Stephen's idea is to retrieving the function name and group name
> > From the pinctrl driver since Tagre prefers to define those things in driver
> > Rather than in board file or soc.dts file.
> > But it does not fit for IMX since we define it in soc.dts.
>
> Hmm, when he came up with this proposal and said it should work for
> Tegra, I assume he plans to move those from Tegra pinctrl driver into
> device tree.  Stephen?

I plan to have the following:

tegra20.dtsi:

A regular device node for the pin controller, listing just the basic
device tree properties: "compatible" and "regs".

${board}.dts:

Each device node lists its pin mux/config setup using the bindings we
decide upon.

drivers/pinctrl/pinctrl-tegra20.c:

Static tables listing all pins, pin groups, mux functions, and pin
configuration options that Tegra supports.

--
nvpublic