[RFC] ARM: imx: Add imx6q thermal

Dirk Behme dirk.behme at de.bosch.com
Thu Jan 12 02:15:09 EST 2012

Hi Rob,

On 11.01.2012 08:18, Robert Lee wrote:
> Add thermal support for i.MX6Q.  Uses recently submitted common
> cpu_cooling functionality shown here:
>
> http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-pm/msg26500.html
>
> Have some todo items but basic implementation is done and I'd like to
> get any helpful feedback on it.
>
> Todo:
> - Add sensor calibration.
> - Re-organize code/files if deemed necessary by community.

Just fyi, I had a short discussion with Eric Miao about this. The
conclusion was:

The patch itself is OK. It's just lacking some features, but these can
be added later. The driver supports thermal reading only, but not
accurate as the thermal calibration data is burned into the FUSE, and
differ from chip to chip. At the moment only incorrect thermal
information will be exposed to user space. The patch is lacking
connections to cpufreq and cpu hotplug, but those could be added later, too.

Best regards

Dirk