[GIT PULL] Samsung devel for v3.3

Kukjin Kim kgene.kim at samsung.com
Wed Jan 11 01:20:17 EST 2012

Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 09, 2012 at 08:11:54AM -0800, Mark Brown wrote:

[...]

> > This really is very disappointing.
>
> No it isn't.
>
> What is really disappointing is the lack of responsive maintainers for the
> Samsung stuff.  It took _two_ bloody months to get the Samsung platforms
> sorted for the restart changes in spite of reminding, and a last minute
> rush over the course of a couple of days (one _in_ the merge window) to
> get it properly merged into my tree.

Yeah, I had to do earlier and it's true that many conflicts caused from my
late ARM restart working for Samsung stuff.

[...]

> So, I support Arnd's view: the Samsung stuff is just too late.  Even the
> restart updates (which is what has caused this) were too late.  Anything
> which causes new merge conflicts in the Samsung code is not acceptable at
> this point, even if it's a 'fix' patch.  We've wasted far too much time
> trying to get Samsung stuff sorted far too late in the cycle.
>
> Let this be an object lesson in what happens if you leave stuff until the
> last minute.

I will do more carefully next time and of course not too late.

Thanks.

Best regards,
Kgene.
--
Kukjin Kim <kgene.kim at samsung.com>, Senior Engineer,
SW Solution Development Team, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.