Adding support for DoC G3 on Motorola A780, some help needed.

Antonio Ospite ospite at studenti.unina.it
Tue Jan 10 19:45:52 EST 2012

Hi Robert, LAK folks,

I saw that a driver for the DoC G3 NAND chip has been added to linux-3.2
(and write support is coming to 3.3, right?); some EZX phones like the
Motorola A780 and E680 supported by OpenEZX[1] are using this chip
AFAWK, but they also come with a NOR chip[2].

Can you please give me some directions about adding support for the
docg3 to the A780? The changes will look somewhat similar to the
ones for the MIOA701[3], but we have the NOR too and I have some doubts.

My questions are:
  - How can I find out the resource to use? I can telnet to the
    original firmware using linux-2.4.
  - What are the __raw_writel() calls in [3] for?
  - How are the partitions specified with the docg3 driver?

Thanks a lot,
   Antonio

[1] http://openezx.org
[2] http://cgit.openezx.org/openezx/tree/arch/arm/mach-pxa/ezx.c?h=ezx/current#n1067