How to configure SGTL5000 ASoC as master?

Dong Aisheng-B29396 B29396 at freescale.com
Tue Jan 10 01:43:35 EST 2012

Yes, Saif TX can only work on master mode so we simply only support master mode
for both saif rx/tx.

> In our HW design mclk of ASoC is sourced from external oscillator.
> Because of our design ASoC should be configured as master. In that case master
IIRC using external mclk does not mean sgtl5000 has to be master.
And as I said above, saif tx can only be master, that's a hw limitation.

> clock of SAIF should be disabled.

You can leave it there without using it.

> Is there any plan to have configuration for mxs-sgtl5000 driver? What is
> preferred way to solve this issue?

We can extend the mxs-sgtl5000 driver to support external mclk.
(but sgtl5000 as master mode is not supported).
I did not have time to do it recently, also I did not have such board.
If somebody wants to do it I will be happy to review.

> BR,
> Lauri Hintsala
>
> p.s. I resent this mail because I wasn't subscriber of alsa-devel mailing list.

Regards
Dong Aisheng