need help in porting wm8731 codec on SAMSUNG S3C2416

Ratheendran R ratheendran.s at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 01:44:58 EST 2012

Dear All,

We are using kit2416 board based samsung s3c2416 SOC using linux kernel
2.6.21, wm8731 codec is used with the soc on i2s bus.

I am trying porting linux3.6.8 on the same board,now porting older soc
audio driver for codec onto the newer kernel.

I am getting the below kernel messages, snapshot on audio driver
registration.

*soc-audio soc-audio: ASoC machine SMDK2416wm8731 should use
snd_soc_register_card()
soc-audio soc-audio: CODEC wm8731 not registered
soc-audio soc-audio: Failed to register card
platform soc-audio: Driver soc-audio requests probe deferral
TCP: cubic registered
NET: Registered protocol family 17
drivers/rtc/hctosys.c: unable to open rtc device (rtc0)
ALSA device list:
  No soundcards found.

*
I have attached the modified driver for reference.

kindly give your valuable suggestions.

Thanks,