announcing the clk-next branch

Turquette, Mike mturquette at ti.com
Fri Apr 27 13:54:42 EDT 2012

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 12:09 AM, Shawn Guo <shawn.guo at linaro.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 11:44:50AM +0530, Viresh Kumar wrote:
>> Hi Mike and others,
>>
>> I am finding difficulty in creating branch to be pulled in by Mike for clock
>> stuff. Somebody please help.
>>
>> SPEAr patches have dependency on few patchsets that are pulled in linux-next
>> already.
>> - SPEAr DT support
>> - SPEAr Pinctrl support
>> - Mike clk fixes
>> - Misc Pinctrl patches
>>
> I'm basically running into the same situation.  I have a bunch of mxs DT
> patches touching the existing clock code, while I'm converting the clock
> to framework and put the code into drivers/clk.  I originally thought
> that the new mxs clock should go through Mike's tree since they are
> sitting in drivers/clk.  But with a second thought, I feel it might be
> easier to still have them go through arm-soc tree.
>
> We can ask Arnd, Olof to pull clkdev from Russell, clk core from Mike,
> and pinctrl from Linus into arm-soc as dependencies, take all the
> platform clock/pinctrl porting into arm-soc, and sort out the conflicts
> in arm-soc tree.  Otherwise, I'm a little worried about that we will
> probably upset Torvalds with leaving so many conflicts to him.

Arnd & Olof,

Are you guys OK with this?  I'm OK with you pulling clk-next as a
dependency if it reduces merge confusion.

Would I be allowed to rebase clk-next, or must it be stable?  If I
cannot rebase it then I need a bit of time to remove the conflicting
clkdev patches that Russell mentioned are already merged through him.

Thanks,
Mike