announcing the clk-next branch

Viresh Kumar viresh.kumar at st.com
Fri Apr 27 02:14:50 EDT 2012

On 4/25/2012 7:02 AM, Turquette, Mike wrote:
> The obvious thing missing are the recent platform ports.  Those folks
> probably want to test on top of this branch first so it seemed
> premature for me to pull them.  After the recent platform ports go in
> then I'll ask for this to head into linux-next.

Hi Mike and others,

I am finding difficulty in creating branch to be pulled in by Mike for clock
stuff. Somebody please help.

SPEAr patches have dependency on few patchsets that are pulled in linux-next
already.
- SPEAr DT support
- SPEAr Pinctrl support
- Mike clk fixes
- Misc Pinctrl patches

Now, how should i create branch for SPEAr clk stuff over these dependencies?
I tried to create a merge of first 3, but couldn't get a linux-next/master
sha of a branch for Last dependency.

Should i cherrypick that one?

At last, i believe this branch, that i would create, must be in a compilable
state? So, i can't just send a pull request for my clock patches rebased over
Mike's branch directly?

--
viresh