[PATCH-V3 3/3] ARM: OMAP3+: clock33xx: Add AM33XX clock tree data
paul at pwsan.com
Thu Apr 26 04:40:46 EDT 2012
On Wed, 25 Apr 2012, Hiremath, Vaibhav wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 19:25:29, Paul Walmsley wrote:
> > On Wed, 25 Apr 2012, Hiremath, Vaibhav wrote:
> > > Thanks for describing it for me. I will change AM33XX clock tree for this
> > > And submit the next version soon.
> > Well I can just remove those leaf clock entries from my copy here, if
> > you're okay with that ?
> More that OK :)
I have taken a first pass at this. The updated patch is below. It has
been compile-tested only. Could you please review this and try testing
it? It is also in the branch 'am33xx_support_3.5' of
Here are a few notes:
- Leaf nodes with MODULEMODE clock enable bits were removed, where there
were no obvious driver dependencies. Removing these may not be the
correct thing to do, considering strange clocks like the CLKDIV32K. It
may be that the underlying clockdomain control for this device is very
different than the OMAP4, and if so, we need to find this out sooner
rather than later.
- Clock nodes with no direct hardware control have been dropped. This has
the unfortunate consequence of making the clock tree slightly harder to
follow, but, in combination with the MODULEMODE clock removals, reduces
the diffstat burden by about 1000 lines.
- Many clksel clocks were missing .init, .set_rate, and .round_rate
function pointers; these have been added where it appeared to be
appropriate. Also, many clksel clocks had incorrect .recalc function
pointers that did not take the clksel fields into consideration; these
have been fixed.
- Several common struct clksel_rate blocks were shared with the OMAP4
- The non-inlineable function am33xx_init_timer_parent() was moved from
clock33xx.h to clock33xx.c.
- Some multi-line comment formatting and mach-omap2/control.h formatting
was cleaned up.
- AM33XX_CONTROL_STATUS_SYSBOOT1_MASK/SHIFT macros were added to remove
a magic number from the clock tree.
- The "clk_sel" nomenclature in the original patch was changed to "clksel"
to conform with the use in OMAP2/3/4 clock trees.
- The timer mux clock nodes have been split from the timer MODULEMODE
Still to be done:
* Some clocks seem to be missing clockdomain names. These probably should
* The clkdiv32k clock needs to be revised, depending on feedback from the
More information about the linux-arm-kernel