Pinctrl crash on latest linux-next/master

Dong Aisheng aisheng.dong at freescale.com
Mon Apr 16 10:05:44 EDT 2012

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 02:50:47PM +0200, Linus Walleij wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 12:53 PM, Viresh Kumar <viresh.kumar at st.com> wrote:
>
> > I don't know if the issue is in my patches or something else, but i was
> > able to boot it earlier. Till my V3 for pinctrl. And nothing much changed
> > since then, i just rebased on latest kernel.
>
> Hm I haven't tested the pinctrl tree on v3.4-rc3 yet.

Your for-next tree is ok since i'm working on it for pinctrl-imx driver. :-)
It seems it's based on v3.4-rc2.

Hi Viresh,
Some info for your reference:

You may want to check if you call platform_set_drvdata after pinctrl_register
like:
ipmx->pctl = pinctrl_register(&imx_pmx_desc, &pdev->dev, ipmx);
platform_set_drvdata(pdev, ipmx);

If that, you may need to change to:
platform_set_drvdata(pdev, ipmx);
..
ipmx->pctl = pinctrl_register(&imx_pmx_desc, &pdev->dev, ipmx);

Because during the registration, the get_group_count will be called which
may reply on platform_set_drvdata(pdev, ipmx);

Regards
Dong Aisheng