question about i.mx21ads support

George McBay gfm at funxed.com
Fri Apr 6 03:55:26 EDT 2012

Thanks Fabio, this helped point me in the right direction.

This patch applied to 3.2.14 and with a couple of other config changes
in the same area (had to enable support for 2-chip flash interleave,
disable Intel/Sharp and enable ADM/Fujitsu/Spansion flash chips) got
that kernel booting past the Oops I was hitting before.

Unfortunately these changes applied to 3.3 series kernels don't help
with the no-output kernel hang I am seeing with those versions on my
imx21ads board, but this gives me a solid starting point for trying to
find the change that is making the 3.3 kernels hang on this hardware.