[CPUFREQ] Fix exposure of ARM_EXYNOS4210_CPUFREQ

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Wed Apr 4 11:07:30 EDT 2012

On Wed, Apr 04, 2012 at 04:03:53PM +0100, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 04, 2012 at 10:59:17AM -0400, 'Dave Jones' wrote:
> > On Wed, Apr 04, 2012 at 03:52:04PM +0100, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> >  > On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 05:59:13PM -0700, Kukjin Kim wrote:
> >  > > Russell King wrote:
> >  > >> As predicted, this is breaking other ARM platforms.  Please fix this
> >  > >> yourself before your crappy code gets pushed into mainline.  Thanks.
> >  > >>
> >  > > I fixed it.
> >  >
> >  > When will we see patches or the fix in mainline?
> >
> > Just send it to Linus directly.
>
> 'it'... well, that implies that someone already has a patch.  I've asked
> Kukjin to fix the problem which he introduced because exynos is getting
> rather complicated, and he'll know what the dependencies should be.  So
> far I've yet to see any kind of patch fixing this stuff.
>
> Meanwhile I'm seeing failing randconfig builds for non-exynos ARM for
> about a week due to the lack of dependencies.

Actually, given that this has been known about since Feb 13th, I'm now
going to ask for the exynos cpufreq updates to be reverted because
there's clearly no motivation to fix this crap Kconfig shite.  Having
it tossed out of mainline will provide the necessary motivation to get
people to fix their own fuckups.