SDMA on imx35

Nguyen Dinh-R00091 R00091 at freescale.com
Wed Jan 26 14:57:04 EST 2011

Hi Alexander,

I'm also looking at enabling SDMA support for the imx-uart on MX51. Should be the same driver. Unfortunately, I'm not at your stage of _working_ yet, so I can't comment on your RX problem. I know that internally, we haven't had any issue with RX on uart with SDMA, but FSL's SDMA implementation is quite different(part of my problem is taking the time to understand how to use dmaengine) from kernel.org.

Do you have a patch to share?

Thanks,

Dinh