colibri-pxa300 USB patch

Bjørn Forsman bjorn.forsman at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 09:22:13 EST 2011

2011/1/23 Marek Vasut <marek.vasut at gmail.com>:
> On Sunday 23 January 2011 13:49:41 Bjørn Forsman wrote:
>> 2011/1/23 Marek Vasut <marek.vasut at gmail.com>:

[snip git trees and workflow stuff]

>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > just curious, this should make the TOP usb port or the BOTTOM one
>> > working?
>>
>> TOP port.
>
> Maybe it really cannot be used with pxa310 colibri. But then I think it worked
> on their wince crap.

I have a Colibri PXA310 module with WinCE preflashed. I will test what
USB ports it supports on monday.

> btw. please keep the LAKML CCed.
>
>> > I got the TOP one operational, but no luck with the bottom one on pxa310
>> > colibri. Checking the colibri datasheet, there's an SMSC USB3329 chip
>> > attached to usb port3 ... well did you have any luck getting the BOTTOM
>> > port working ? Maybe with some further patching?
>>
>> No luck with bottom port for me. Do you have a link to that datasheet?
>
> Quick google shows some 10-page thing ... that's it.

Think I found it (20 pages). It says:

Colibri PXA300 only:
  - USB 2.0 device (requires external UTMI chip)
Colibri PXA310 only:
  - Built-In USB 2.0 device transceiver

And further down:

1.4.1 Colibri PXA310 only:
Wolfson WM9715L Audio-Codec
http://www.wolfsonmicro.com/

SMSC ULPI Transceiver USB3329
http://www.smsc.com/

Fairchild USB Transceiver USB1T1105
http://www.fairchildsemi.com/

So, couldn't it also be the Fairchild tranceiver? Or both??

Best regards,
Bjørn Forsman