Linux ARM SMP kernel for qemu

Loïc Minier lool at dooz.org
Sat Jan 22 18:15:46 EST 2011

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011, Kevin Pouget wrote:
> do you know if it's feasible to compile a Linux kernel to be run by a Qemu
> SMP ARM machine? after so many hours of tries, I can say that any version of
> the kernel, any Qemu machine would be okay, provided that the SMP capability
> is set, and the kernel boots !

 I apologize for the old references, but I wondered the same a while ago
 and managed to get a SMP Realview EB kernel booted in QEMU IIRC.  I
 think it was only armv6 SMP back then.  Main issue I had back then was
 that it wouldn't support PCI so no networking or IDE.  My notes are at:
 https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-mobile/2009-May/002485.html
 (some other related message same month and next month)

 I would myself love hearing what you manage to achieve, with which
 configs and issues!

--
Loïc Minier