[GIT PULL] Samsung S5P for 2.6.38 merge window

Kukjin Kim kgene.kim at samsung.com
Sun Jan 16 19:54:03 EST 2011

Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 02:30:01PM +0900, Kukjin Kim wrote:
> > Hi Russell,
> >
> > Please pull Samsung S5P updates from:
> >
> > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/kgene/linux-samsung.git
> > for-rmk
> >
> > These things are for 2.6.38.

Hi,

> This looks very large.  I really considered not merging this due to:
>
> 1. possibly conflicts with Lennert's irq_data conversion patches.

Yeah, you're right, but its changes have been merged in my for-next and
already merged in linux-next also long ago.

> 2. It's not right to push large quantities of code into mainline towards
>    the end of the merge window.  You should have everything prepared
>    that you want to send before the merge window opens.

I'm afraid that it's late and large stuff 'pull request'. But I asked about
that...maybe you missed it. Anyway it's my mistake...sorry for it.

> In future, please have your tree ready for merging *before* the merge
> window opens and aim to get the bulk in preferably before, at the latest
> during the first week.

Ok...I will always remember it.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,
Kgene.
--
Kukjin Kim <kgene.kim at samsung.com>, Senior Engineer,
SW Solution Development Team, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.