i.MX & IRQF_ONESHOT

Eric Bénard eric at eukrea.com
Thu Jan 13 03:25:19 EST 2011

Hi,

while testing 2.6.37 on our i.MX27 based board - code in
arch/arm/mach-imx/eukrea_mbimx27-baseboard.c - I noticed the touchscreen
controller (ADS7846) doesn't work anymore.

A few IRQ are generated when probing for the chipset and starting calibration
(usually first point works), then nothing more (even if the IRQ signals is
generated as seen on the scope, the irq count doesn't increase anymore and
stays <= 4 and no data is reported to the input layer).

drivers/input/touchscreen/ads7846.c was switched to threaded IRQ in commit
2991a1ca6e9b13b639a82c0eec0cbc191bf1f42f where was added :
irq_flags |= IRQF_ONESHOT;

Commenting out this line in the ads7846 driver makes it work again.
Am I missing something obvious or is there a reason for IRQF_ONESHOT creating
trouble with gpio irq or SPI on i.MX ?

Thanks
Eric