Memory sharing issue by application on V4L2 based device driver with system mmu.

daeinki inki.dae at samsung.com
Thu Jan 6 23:19:54 EST 2011

Hello, Mr. Jonghun.

please, note that user process's pgd and device's pgd with system mmu
are differnent. first, the memory allocated by user malloc should be
mapped to physical memory in page unit because user app also should be
accessed to own memory region. and when mapping the physical memory to
device virtual address, it creates page table entry for 64k or 1M and
then could map physical address to those entries. therefore what you
mention has no problem.

actual issue is not to need demend paging, some issues we don't
understand may exist as side effects.

thank you.

Jonghun Han 쓴 글: