error: implicit declaration of function 'machine_is_ventana'

Stephen Warren swarren at nvidia.com
Mon Aug 22 19:49:06 EDT 2011

Russell King wrote at Monday, August 22, 2011 5:40 PM:
> On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 04:11:50PM -0700, Stephen Warren wrote:
> > Russell,
> >
> > Commit 46dcfc806a9f6834e6007449eac175f781058c49 "ARM: Update mach-types"
> > removed the entry for Ventana (2927). In turn, this broke compilation of
> > sound/soc/tegra/tegra_wm8903.c, since that calls machine_is_ventana().
> > It looks like the machine is still registered at
> > http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/machines/. Can you explain what the
> > removal policy is for arch/arm/tools/mach-types?
>
> The policy has always been that the machine_is_xxx() matches the other
> constants.  Rather than having to edit those out by hand, the script
> now does this for me automatically.

I'm very sorry for being so dense, but what "other constants" must the
entry match?

For reference, here's the entry I'm referring to:

-ventana                        MACH_VENTANA            VENTANA                 2927

... which seems to use the name "ventana" consistently, if that's what
you mean.

> Please submit a patch to fix your use in the kernel, including updating
> the mach-types file to conform.  I'll then fix the machine registry by
> hand.

I will happily submit the patch, once I understand exactly what needs to
change. Thanks for any enlightenment!

--
nvpublic