2.6.34 hangs during boot on PB11MPCore

Bjoern Brandenburg bbb.lst at gmail.com
Sun May 30 17:38:46 EDT 2010

On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 5:05 PM, Bjoern Brandenburg <bbb.lst at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 3:27 PM, Bjoern Brandenburg <bbb.lst at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I'll try to see if I can pinpoint what was dropped between 2.6.33-arm1
>> and 2.6.34-arm.
>
> Progress: I can get 2.6.34-arm to boot with all 4 CPUs after
> cherry-picking the following commits (which seemed relevant but
> absent):
>
> 60060ca ARM: Handle instruction cache maintenance fault  properly
> 3f64e83 ARM errata: Eviction Buffer not empty after Cache Sync on L220
> 3b009b5 ARM: change definition of cpu_relax() for ARM11MPCore
>
> Let's see which is the critical one...

It's 3f64e83 "ARM errata: Eviction Buffer not empty after Cache Sync
on L220" [1]. With this commit cherry-picked (on top of the 'rebased'
branch in ARM's repository, i.e., 2.6.34-arm), the system boots to X11
and runs some simple FS tests; the other ones don't make a difference.

Are there plans for getting this and the other patches in the
'rebased' branch into mainline (for .35 or .36)?

- Björn

[1]  http://linux-arm.org/git?p=linux-2.6-stable.git;a=commitdiff;h=3f64e83e9935106acd3264a350260d74c618f263