[RFC] Initial attempt to make ARM use LMB

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Fri May 28 10:32:07 EDT 2010

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 05:44:18PM -0700, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> Also, the last patch in lmb branch "ARM: use LMB to allocate system
> memory MMIO resource structures" causes both osk5912 and n900
> to hang very early. Maybe I'm missing some patch again..

I'll drop this patch for the time being - we don't have stuff in the
right order yet for lmb_alloc() to work immediately after arm_lmb_init()
with highmem present - lmb_alloc tries to allocate from unmapped or high
memory, which we then use __va() on and referencing the resulting pointer
causes an abort.

However, using lmb_alloc() for the OMAP framebuffers shouldn't be an
issue because the problem only happens if you want to immediately
dereference the memory.