Controlling Driver Load Order

Ryan Mallon ryan at bluewatersys.com
Thu May 27 17:54:16 EDT 2010

Wolfram Sang wrote:
>> Looks like this has already been done:
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-i2c@vger.kernel.org/msg03056.html
>
> Always ask which kernel is used, sigh...

Sorry? I didn't see a kernel version mentioned. I went looking because I
had though that i2c-gpio was already subsys_initcall.

>> There was a discussion a while back to make all of the embedded i2c
>> busses be subsys_initcall since i2c is often a system bus on embedded
>
> Oh, where was that? Can't recall (but couldn't recall that I acked the i2c-gpio
> patch above as well ;))

Moving the embedded i2c busses to subsys_initcall was discussed here:
http://lists.lm-sensors.org/pipermail/i2c/2008-June/004142.html. The
i2c_gpio bus got mentioned, which is why I thought it had already been
changed.

~Ryan

--
Bluewater Systems Ltd - ARM Technology Solution Centre

Ryan Mallon         		5 Amuri Park, 404 Barbadoes St
ryan at bluewatersys.com         	PO Box 13 889, Christchurch 8013
http://www.bluewatersys.com	New Zealand
Phone: +64 3 3779127		Freecall: Australia 1800 148 751
Fax:   +64 3 3779135			  USA 1800 261 2934