Controlling Driver Load Order

Wolfram Sang w.sang at pengutronix.de
Thu May 27 17:01:12 EDT 2010

> Anyway, I better understand the subsys_initcall now and applied that
> to the i2c-gpio and my i2c chip driver.  That worked perfectly for my

With chip-driver you mean the PMIC? Yes, that is probably needed there, too.
Which driver is it?

> issue.  I'd be happy to return a patch of this.  Would be this the
> sort of thing that would benefit from a config option?  Something

Nope, there is no bigger drawback to this and probably a number of useres
wouldn't know what to select here. Just patch the module_init() away.

Kind regards,

   Wolfram

--
Pengutronix e.K.                           | Wolfram Sang                |