[RFC] Initial attempt to make ARM use LMB

Tomi Valkeinen tomi.valkeinen at nokia.com
Thu May 27 04:52:18 EDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-05-26 at 23:40 +0200, ext Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 06:51:29AM -0700, Tony Lindgren wrote:

> > Yeah I'll do that once the dss2 code has been verified to work.
>
> It'd help with this patch - it seems rx51 needs some additional stuff.
> Any other OMAP platforms with this kind of thing?

I think rx51 is currently the only board that configures the VRAM size
dynamically at boot time.

I tested your lmb branch on OMAP 3430SDP board, and after removing the
topmost patch (ARM: use LMB to allocate system memory MMIO resource
structures) everything related to DSS2 (drivers/video/omap2/) seemed to
work ok.

I tested the DSS2 both as built-in and as modules, and I also tested
VRFB rotation. All seemed to be fine.

 Tomi