defining ARM machine type properly

Wan ZongShun mcuos.com at gmail.com
Wed May 26 23:14:07 EDT 2010

2010/5/27 f. achkar <fachkar.datawind at gmail.com>:
> hi,
> I'm trying to port smdk2450 arch to the a new kernel 2.6.32-9, I did the
> initial work as per various googled documents, but somehow the current
> initial Image is failing at arch/arm/kernel/head-common.S :
> '__lookup_processor_type', and eventually goes to '__error_a' of the

The '__lookup_processor_type' goes to '__error_a'  is not related to
your machine_type,
you should check whether there is a true definition of  select
CPU_ARMxx in the arch/arm/kconfig.

The issue maybe result from you get a wrong ARM processor type
number,which is not equal to
the R9 resigster value.

> same file! this seems to be related to the definition of machine_type as
> defined in :
> include/asm-arm/mach-types.h  and arch/arm/tools/mach-types*
> I checked where the definition goes in  include/asm-arm/mach-types.h by
> inserting
> #error 2223XX
> into various parts of that header and seems fine at the point.
> nevertheless I'm not 100 sure
> I wonder if the is a definitive reference to guide in this matter,
> better yet a check-list like procedure??
> thanks,
> ferar

you can subscribe by: