Git pull request: ARM LPC32XX architecture

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Tue May 25 13:21:06 EDT 2010

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 05:27:12PM +0200, Kevin Wells wrote:
> It's been a few months since I've posted this patch set and I'd still
> like to get it pulled.

Sorry, it got buried beneath _lots_ of email.

However, I've sent my second and final pull request to Linus yesterday
evening.  So far Linus hasn't pulled my tree, so I can't touch it at
the moment.

I think this stuff has missed this window as well. ;(

> As of yesterday, the patchset still applies and works with the latest
> release, although a 'slab.h' patch is needed for 1 file.
>
> Can you pull the original series plus the slab.h patch? (breaks bisect)?
> Or do you want the slab.h fix included in the correct order in the
> Series to be bisect friendly?

Well, there's two ways to get around that - both of which you need to
ensure that no one's pulled your tree yet.

1. Re-do the patches such that the missing include(s) are added.

2. rebase the series on something more recent and fix the slab.h thing
   along the way.

Either way means that the series remains bisect-able after merging.

This is not something that should be done lightly however - these kinds
of changes mean that anyone who has pulled your tree is in for some
grief.