i.MX27 Clock sources

Lothar Waßmann LW at KARO-electronics.de
Tue May 18 05:04:01 EDT 2010

Hi,

> 	For our application, it is necessary to interface this device to
> a Texas Instruments TLV320AIC3204 CODEC.  The i.MX27 provides the clock
> via SSI3_CLK, and communicates using I²S and I²C.  I understand that the
> clock divider for the SSIs is driven from either MPLL or SPLL; but what
> I'm not certain on is where those are configured in the Linux kernel, or
> what the implications are for tinkering with these.
>
> 	Ideally I'd like to adjust MPLL/SPLL and/or the SSI clocks so
> that the clock rate is some multiple of the I²S bit rate.  So far I can
> get it close; but not close enough.  Does anyone have any pointers as to
> where I can look in the Linux kernel for this information?

Can't you use the codec in master mode, instead of fiddling with the
CPU clocks?

Lothar Waßmann

Ka-Ro electronics GmbH | Pascalstraße 22 | D - 52076 Aachen
Phone: +49 2408 1402-0 | Fax: +49 2408 1402-10
Geschäftsführer: Matthias Kaussen
Handelsregistereintrag: Amtsgericht Aachen, HRB 4996

www.karo-electronics.de | info at karo-electronics.de