Linux Bluetooth HFP through usp pcm design questions

Eric Miao eric.y.miao at gmail.com
Wed May 12 09:27:52 EDT 2010

2010/5/5 Bin Shi <Bin.Shi at csr.com>

> Hi all,
>

> I am working on vendor ARM1136 platform. Nowdays, I want to integrate
> CSR BC06 chip to my board with HFP profile, bluetooth chip connect its
> pcm interface with platform's usp interface.
>
> As I know, HFP profile should has at least two deamons, one for host and
> one for target(BC06). In low level, driver for usp pcm should be
> available, which is compatible with BC06 frame format. Now, audio path
> is OK for playback and capture with ALSA.
>
> My questions are:
> 1) How could I control stream path: eg headphone voice->BC06->usp
> interface->platform speaker?
> 2) Should it be strictly sync for controlling this application?
> 3) Data format between usp interface and headphone interface(bypass
> bluetooth) should be pcm stream?
>

> Any suggestion would be welcomed! Thanks.

HFP works very well on the desktop Linux distro now. I suggest you
to give Ubuntu a run and figure out how that works. You have a big
question here.

Both ALSA and pulseaudio have bluetooth plugins.

PS: html format emails are generally not welcome, change it to plain
text and it's far more readable for other people.