MSM PMU Support in Commit ee3c454b

Will Deacon will.deacon at arm.com
Sun May 9 05:33:44 EDT 2010

Hi Russell,

On Fri, 2010-05-07 at 19:15 +0100, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:

> My intention is as follows:
>
> 1. Freeze the multiple branches with patches next week.
> 2. Apply your patches on top of the merged-set of those branches.
> 3. Apply the other pending patches which are dependent on these
> branches.
>
> Now, at that point, the devel-stable branch won't merge cleanly back
> into devel because of this MSM problem, and the problem is how do we
> solve that.

Thanks for explaining this, I was getting a bit confused by the various
branches and just trying to avoid any conflicts. Now that the MSM patch
has been reverted [thanks Daniel] the original PMU registration patch
should apply. I've updated the patch system accordingly [discarding
6113/1 and moving 6064/1 from superseded to incoming].

Once this lot is in, we can think about MSM support then.

Thanks,

Will