mx31 snd and mc13783 codec status

Valentin Longchamp valentin.longchamp at epfl.ch
Tue Mar 30 12:23:18 EDT 2010

Hi Sascha,

For one of our experiments where our robots need to produce sound, I
would need a sound driver for mx31moboard platform.

I have quickly hacked something based on what you had done for pcm037
with the MC13783 codec in some of your first sound patches. I know that
this is not ready for mainline and I'm still struggling to debug my
code, but I would like to have results quite soon so that my colleague
could see what sounds (especially regarding to the volume) our system is
capable to produce.

I would like to know if by any chance you have some updates on this code
? And do you know if your initial mc13783 codec support coupled with
mx31 had some limitations ? Our setup is quite straightforward, we have
direct connection from the mx31 to the mc13783 on a single SSI.

Thanks for your precisions.

Val

--
Valentin Longchamp, PhD Student, EPFL-STI-LSRO1
valentin.longchamp at epfl.ch, Phone: +41216937827