[GIT PULL] generic arm for MSM try2

Daniel Walker dwalker at codeaurora.org
Mon Mar 29 18:30:11 EDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-03-29 at 22:50 +0100, Catalin Marinas wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-03-29 at 21:27 +0100, Daniel Walker wrote:
> > On Mon, 2010-03-29 at 18:28 +0100, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> > > Catalin, as the apparant author of this file, do you have a view on this?
> >
> > Looking at this file again, I don't think anyone could copyright
> > anything in this file prior to us adding stuff .. It's like 4 lines of
> > assembly prior to us adding 13 lines ..
>
> I don't think the amount of lines matter wrt GPL. I agree that the
> existing 4 lines aren't anything important but if you consider them as
> part of a bigger patch (commit bbe88886), they are not so insignificant.
> I don't care much about these four lines, it's just a matter of
> principle.
>
> If you want, you can add something like (the GPL preamble is fine):
>
>  * ...
>  * Copyright (C) 2007 ARM Ltd.
>  * Copyright (C) 2010 Code Aurora Forum.
>
> The reason why I haven't added a header is because this file was most
> likely derived from abort-ev6.S (probably originating from Deep Blue
> Solutions - that's the "..." part above).

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/tglx/history.git;a=commit;h=ed29a8097665ef86dd9a2d8a8a3b808ab70f28ee

that's the commit that brought in abort-ev6.S. The only copyrights I see
in that commit are,

linux/arch/arm/mm/tlb-v6.S
Copyright (C) 1997-2002 Russell King

include/asm-arm/atomic.h
Copyright (C) 1996 Russell King.
Copyright (C) 2002 Deep Blue Solutions Ltd

linux/arch/arm/mm/proc-v6.S
Copyright (C) 2001 Deep Blue Solutions Ltd.

Should I just add all these and give everyone credit?

Daniel