[GIT PULL] generic arm for MSM try2

Catalin Marinas catalin.marinas at arm.com
Mon Mar 29 17:50:59 EDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-03-29 at 21:27 +0100, Daniel Walker wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-03-29 at 18:28 +0100, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> > Catalin, as the apparant author of this file, do you have a view on this?
>
> Looking at this file again, I don't think anyone could copyright
> anything in this file prior to us adding stuff .. It's like 4 lines of
> assembly prior to us adding 13 lines ..

I don't think the amount of lines matter wrt GPL. I agree that the
existing 4 lines aren't anything important but if you consider them as
part of a bigger patch (commit bbe88886), they are not so insignificant.
I don't care much about these four lines, it's just a matter of
principle.

If you want, you can add something like (the GPL preamble is fine):

 * ...
 * Copyright (C) 2007 ARM Ltd.
 * Copyright (C) 2010 Code Aurora Forum.

The reason why I haven't added a header is because this file was most
likely derived from abort-ev6.S (probably originating from Deep Blue
Solutions - that's the "..." part above).

Personally, I wouldn't bother with adding a copyright header for 13
lines but your legal department may have a different view.

Note - that's my personal view only, the copyright of the work I produce
belongs to ARM Ltd.

--
Catalin