答复: Query about Float Point Operation

rocky 914059751 at qq.com
Mon Mar 29 04:19:44 EDT 2010

Thanks you guys:)

Read the code in arch/arm/nwfpe/ and arch/arm/vfp, kernel DOES provide float
point operation ONLY for user space in terms of two aspects.
1:
Employ hardware float point instructions, easy to implement, while increase
die size of whole chip.
2:
Using software to emulate above hardware float point instructions, in short,
decode every undefined instruction exceptions to inspect if that's an
emulated float point instructs. While in this way kernel burden will
increase as there are too many exceptions to be handled.

So basically, no float point operation in kernel space.

ROCKY
B.R