[QUERY] Any update on ARM PL080 DMA driver?

jassi brar jassisinghbrar at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 03:08:12 EDT 2010

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 3:44 PM, Viresh KUMAR <viresh.kumar at st.com> wrote:

> Is any body currently working on inclusion of PL080 DMA driver in linux?
> If yes, when will it be released?
It is already implemented for S3C64XX platform. grep for pl080_lli in ur tree.

There are some concerns like how to have a code that can be used by
other platforms as well and generic DMA i/f.

Perhaps we need to segregate S3C64xx into PL080 core driver and S3C64XX
DMA API driver. That is what I am planning to do with PL330. If the approach is
accepted, I plan move on to do the same with PL080.