Git pull request: ARM LPC32XX architecture

Robert Schwebel r.schwebel at pengutronix.de
Sat Mar 13 10:50:53 EST 2010

Hi Russell,

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 09:03:53PM +0000, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> However, what I do want to avoid this time around is having an
> excessive number of merge conflicts, which may require a pause to
> sort out (and I might ask people to bring their trees up to date
> first.)

Hmm, maybe we should make sure that more of the arm-sub-trees are in
linux-next; would that make the situation easier? If all of the trees
you pull are in next, at least in theory it should be a matter of
pulling them in the right order and send a pull request to linus.

At least in theory :)

Since Sascha has the i.MX tree in next and we're automatically testing
next (compiletime+runtime on several boards) on a nightly base, we've
found that merge conflicts are noticed in a timely manner.

Thanks,
rsc