AC97 audio broken on SAM9263EK?

Sedji Gaouaou sedji.gaouaou at atmel.com
Tue Mar 9 10:17:34 EST 2010

Hi Yegor,

Le 3/9/2010 3:11 PM, Yegor Yefremov a écrit :
>> http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2010-March/025709.html
>
> I tried your patch, but mpg123 says:
>
> Playing MPEG stream 1 of 1: 05_Tabor_Romance.mp3 ...
> Title:                                   Artist:
> Comment:                                 Album:
> Year:                                    Genre:  Other
> MPEG 1.0 layer III, 128 kbit/s, 44100 Hz stereo
> [audio.c:532] error: Error in writing audio (Input/output error?)!
> [mpg123.c:557] error: Deep trouble! Cannot flush to my output anymore!
>
> I'm using kernel 2.6.33 on the at91sam9g45-ek. For sound I use patches 0039 and 0044 from
> ftp://ftp.linux4sam.org/devel/linux/2630_lnx4sam_patchset-tmp_20090828.tgz. With these I get proper sound from my head phones.
>
> Regards,
> Yegor

I never tried with mpg123. But I just diff the 2 sets of patches, and
the only difference I can see is that the one on linux4sam doesn't
handle full duplex, whereas the one I posted on the alsa mailing does...

Yoy can find enclosed both files, may I ask you to test with both?
If it fails then I guess there is something wrong with the way the full
duplex is done(even though I have tested it on my board...)

Regards,
Sedji