bit errors on spitz

Stanislav Brabec utx at penguin.cz
Mon Mar 8 06:48:36 EST 2010

Cyril Hrubis wrote:

> Well I've seen empty lines when editing file with vim

And I have seen:

- Unreproducible SIGSEGV of gcc (while Wi-Fi connection over CF card was
  running).
- Unreproducible SIGSEGV of opkg (downloading via Wi-Fi connection over
  CF card).
- Unreproducible SIGSEGV of rm (called from find command launched via
  ssh, networking via Wi-Fi connection over CF card).
  (Hint: Tasks above are HDD-intensive.)
- Lost blocks while copying from CF to SD.
- Lost blocks while copying from HDD to SD.
- Lost blocks while copying from CF to USB flash stick.
- And I see display noise while CF Wi-Fi card is active.

These problems appear in all kernels, at least since 2.6.26.

There is no note in the syslog.