Current status of interrupt handling capability of pca953x gpio driver.

Marc Zyngier maz at misterjones.org
Mon Mar 1 11:42:20 EST 2010

On Mon, March 1, 2010 16:18, javier Martin wrote:
> Hi,
> I saw a recent mail from Marc Zyngier on December about adding interrupt
> handling capability to pca953x gpio driver. (
> http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2009-December/006651.html
> )
> There has not been any activity since then (or at least I couldn't find
> anything). What is the status regarding to mainline of these features?
>
> Have changes proposed by Marc Zyngier accepted? If not, what points have to
> be improved?

The patch is currently at it's 4th iteration (posted in February on LKML
http://lkml.org/lkml/2010/2/5/282) and sitting in Andrew Morton's mm tree.
It also has been successfully used on Blackfin boards.

When it comes to mainline merging, I really have no clue. The patch received very
little public comment (I only received a few private emails from people using it).

So if someone higher up in the food chain wants to carry that patch in his tree
and push it upstream, I can give it a respin.

        M.
--
And if you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there...