mxcmmc driver hangs on sync

Morgan Howe mhowe at cwlinux.com
Fri Jun 18 01:47:12 EDT 2010

Hey Erik,

On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 20:51:37 +0200
Erik Oomen <erik.oomen at zepcam.com> wrote:
> We've had the same problems for various kernels and mxcmmc
> modifications. The following fixed it.  We applied it to the 2.6.28
> kernel and have been writing and reading *many* Gigabytes without a
> problem.

We ran into this problem using 2 SD cards and assumed that it was
directly related to that.  This morning I decided to try and reproduce
this problem using only a single SD card, and I was indeed able to do
so.

Thanks for the patch - it does appear to fix the problem for a single
SD, but when using 2 SD cards I still ran into the issue.  However,
replacing your irq_save/restore calls with a spinlock seems to fix the
issue for multiple SD cards.  Is using a spinlock an appropriate way to
fix this or is there some other way that would be preferable?

Regards,
Morgan