[RFC 0/8] TI TILER-DMM driver

Linus Walleij linus.ml.walleij at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 19:48:01 EDT 2010

2010/7/24 David Sin <davidsin at ti.com>:

> TILER is a hardware block made by Texas Instruments.  Its purpose is to
> organize video/image memory in a 2-dimensional fashion to limit memory
> bandwidth and facilitate 0 effort rotation and mirroring.  The TILER
> driver facilitates allocating, freeing, as well as mapping 2D blocks (areas)
> in the TILER container(s).  It also facilitates rotating and mirroring
> the allocated blocks or its rectangular subsections.

Pretty cool hardware!

(...)
> * Add multiple search directions to TCM-SiTA
> * Add 1D block support (including adding 1D search algo to TCM-SiTA)

Spell out these acronyms. I've been writing some code for the ARM
TCM (Tightly Coupled Memory) and often vendors pick up this terminology
and call all on-chip memory "TCM", though it has a specific technical
meaning in ARM context.

What does TCM mean in your case?
And what is SiTA?

Yours,