pxa27x_udc: Oops on probe with usb cable connected.

Robert Jarzmik robert.jarzmik at free.fr
Fri Jul 23 15:07:02 EDT 2010

Antonio Ospite <ospite at studenti.unina.it> writes:

> On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 17:14:04 +0200
> Antonio Ospite <ospite at studenti.unina.it> wrote:
>> > Now, the interrupt "storm" could block the kernel. That would rather be an host
>> > issue. Did you try to connect your phone to another computer ?
>> >
>> > I would ask for a last test : on the first line of function pxa_udc_probe(),
>> > insert "return 0;". If kernel still stalls, the pxa27x-udc is not involved.
>> >

>> By inserting that "return 0;" the kernel goes on and I can complete
>> booting.
Too bad, pxa27x_udc has to be the culprit ...

Okay, I have a new track.
Would you apply the patch below and see if that improves your problem. This one
should:
 - disable the pullup line (and thus no irq should be triggered)
 - if an early irq is triggered anyway, don't handle it if no gadget driver was subscribed