ARM defconfig files

Tony Luck tony.luck at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 13:37:07 EDT 2010

2010/7/14 Uwe Kleine-König <u.kleine-koenig at pengutronix.de>:
> Note that no kernel is built at all, only the config is regenerated once
> for each line.

You could special case blank lines and comments (other than ones
like "# CONFIG_FOO is not set" which do matter).  They account for
~15% of the lines in my .config files.  But it probably doesn't matter
all that much. I just ran reduce_defconfig in parallel on all the ia64
defconfig files (in separate build trees) and they were all done when
I looked back an hour or so later.  Nice tool!

-Tony