ARM defconfig files

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Mon Jul 12 13:40:36 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 10:32 AM, Russell King - ARM Linux
<linux at arm.linux.org.uk> wrote:

> When you brought up the problem you seemed absolutely convinced
> that nothing except your solution was going to be acceptable.

That's not true. What's true is that you didn't seem to _understand_
my solution, so I tried to push the understanding of it.

There are always other solutions. I seriously doubt that Uwe's is a
maintainable one. That said, even a one-time "reduce the size of that
stinking pile of sh*t" is probably better than nothing.

I hope you at least do agree that the current situation is a steaming
pile of sh*t. And yes, I _will_ remove the crap, both from POWER and
ARM, unless I see some serious tries at fixing it.

               Linus