machine definition for colibri-pxa3xx

pieterg pieterg at gmx.com
Thu Jul 8 06:36:39 EDT 2010

At the moment, colibri-pxa300.c as well as colibri-pxa320.c have their own
machine definition.

However, running a kernel built with CONFIG_MACH_COLIBRI300 and
CONFIG_MACH_COLIBRI320 on a colibri 300 or 310, it will match the 320
machine definition, and therefore use colibri-pxa320.c.

I believe it's not possible to differentiate colibri pxa3xx based on machine
definitions, but only by checking the their cpu.

Wouldn't it make sense to place a single "Toradex Colibri PXA3xx" machine
definition in colibri-pxa3xx.c, and use cpu_is_pxa3nn to do cpu specific
initialisation?
This is exactly how things are done for zylonite by the way.

I have some colibri pxa310 patches, but we need a working machine detection
before they will actually do anything.

Rgds, Pieter