[RFC 3/3] mm: iommu: The Virtual Contiguous Memory Manager

Daniel Walker dwalker at codeaurora.org
Thu Jul 1 15:28:23 EDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-07-01 at 20:02 +0200, Andi Kleen wrote:
> > What license (name/type) is this?
>
> IANAL, but AFAIK standard wisdom is that "disclaimer in the documentation
> and/or other materials provided" is generally not acceptable for Linux
> because it's an excessive burden for all distributors.

It's the BSD license ..

> Also for me it's still quite unclear why we would want this code at all...
> It doesn't seem to do anything you couldn't do with the existing interfaces.

I don't know all that much about what Zach's done here, but from what
he's said so far it looks like this help to manage lots of IOMMUs on a
single system.. On x86 it seems like there's not all that many IOMMUs in
comparison .. Zach mentioned 10 to 100 IOMMUs ..

Daniel

--
Sent by a consultant of the Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.