[patch 0/2] ARM: Disable outer cache before kexec call

Catalin Marinas catalin.marinas at arm.com
Thu Jul 1 13:34:55 EDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-07-01 at 18:21 +0100, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> [...]

We don't need a dsb() after 3 and 6. The outer_flush_all() function
would need to do a cache_sync (which polls a register) since that's a
background operation on the L2 cache. DSB doesn't have any effect on the
L2 cache.

As for between 4 and 5, we may need an ISB as well (not sure about DSB).
It's worth checking the recommended MMU disabling sequences in the ARM
ARM (if any).

--
Catalin