Policy question: criteria for submission to mainline for a new SoC?

Jason McMullan jason.mcmullan at netronome.com
Mon Aug 23 15:51:25 EDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 12:53 PM, Mark Brown
<broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com> wrote:

> If you're doing this please make sure you provide a method for customers
> to customise the machine type (and get the rest of the boot protocol
> right).

Machine type (atag id) is one of the many customizable parameters.
I was itching to use Flattened Device Tree to hold these parameters,
but as far as I can tell that 'isn't ready for prime time' on ARM at
the moment.

--
Jason S. McMullan
Netronome Systems, Inc.